- Daily Nutritional Rations
- Health Awareness Workshops
- Medical and Psychological Services
- Literacy Programs
- Recreational Activities
- Documentation & Archiving
- Shelter and Financial Assistance
- Relief & Educational Assistance
The primary mission of the Social Support Society is to improve the quality of life for seniors in the camps and to create opportunities to lead positive and purposeful lives.
Our projects aim to support and fulfill the following:
- Providing free and uninterrupted social, nutritional, medical, financial, and psychological support services
- Creating vibrant environments with regular social and activities
- Raising awareness on the rights, needs, and living conditions of the elderly
- Working towards the preservation of Palestinian history, heritage, and identity
Who We Are
The Social Support Society, a nonprofit organization (NGO #19), was founded in 2006 to provide quality programs and opportunities to refugee children and senior citizens with limited access to support services and social interactions living in the Palestinian refugee camps. Social Support Society has locations in Burj Al-Barajneh and Nahr Al-Bared camps.